Monday, 16 February 2015

Poem: Salute To The Dark-Goggled One Who Died



By Chidi Anthony Opara

I salute you,
The dark-goggled one who died.
I salute you,
The warrior
Who waged wars on all
And won none.
I salute you,
The fox
Who outfoxed the comrades
And entrenched self
On the throne usurped.
I salute you,
The dark-goggled one who died.

Your spear dripped blood,
Your fingers
Liked to caress currencies
And the loins of maiden.
Your mouth
Liked to munch apples,
Your mien brooked no dissent.
I salute you,
The dark-goggled one who died.

The motley motioned to you
To dismount from the throne usurped
And mount the throne of monarchs.
The motley wanted you to be monarch,
But you died.
I salute you,
The dark-goggled one who died.

I salute you
Because this is the season of salutes to ogres.
If you did not die,
The motley
Would be motioning to you
To come and be monarch,
This is the season of salutes to ogres.
I salute you,
The dark-goggled one who died.

(Poem presented as social service, all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please restrict your comment to the subject matter.