At the end of next week, the Recipients of the 2014 Right Livelihood Award will come to Stockholm for the award programme and to accept their awards in the Swedish Parliament on December 1st.
The 2014 Laureates coming to Stockholm are:
• Alan Rusbridger, Editor-in-Chief of The Guardian, UK (Honorary Award)
• Asma Jahangir, human rights lawyer, Pakistan
• Basil Fernando, Asian Human Rights Commission, Hong Kong/China
• Bill McKibben, author and co-founder, 350.org, USA
Edward Snowden (USA), who shares the Honorary Award with Alan Rusbridger, will not participate in person. Among his expected guests at the ceremony are his father Lonnie Snowden, US whistle blower and RLA Laureate Daniel Ellsberg, and Edward Snowden’s German lawyer Wolfgang Kaleck.
We also hope to be able to establish a live video link with Edward Snowden during the Award Ceremony.
The Award Ceremony
Monday, 1 December, 4.00 pm.
Swedish Parliament, Second Chamber, Stockholm.
A live-stream will be available via www.rightlivelihood.org.
* 4.00 pm: Eva-Lena Jansson, M.P., Chair of the Association for the Right Livelihood Award in the Swedish Parliament (SÄRLA), Welcome & opening
* Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of Uppsala, Church of Sweden, Guest speech
* Jakob von Uexkull, Founder and Co-Chair of the Right Livelihood Award Foundation, Speech & presentation of the 2014 Awards
* 4.45 pm (estimate): Break, photos of the Recipients can be taken at this time
* Laureates' Speeches. Each Laureate will be introduced by a member of the Association for the Right Livelihood Award in the Swedish Parliament (SÄRLA)
The Award Ceremony will be held in English.
During the Award Week, the Laureates will attend a series of public events in several cities in and outside of Sweden. The programme is available on our website at http://www.rightlivelihood.org/award_week_2014.html
Cell Phone: +254 724 568 164