|Senator Ike Ekweremadu|
His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck E. Jonathan, GCFR,
President and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,
Dear Mr. President,
A Case against Sen. Ike Ekweremadu (alias Osita Anih)—An Open Letter to President Goodluck Jonathan
Businesses as well as private citizens lose billions of dollars yearly due to Cyber crimes. It is believed that a good number of these crimes originate from Nigeria. It is also a common knowledge that most of such crimes (including Advanced Fee Fraud, Boko Haram, and kidnapping) are traced to men of the underworld sponsored by powerful persons in the society. And different efforts in Nigeria to identify any of the highly placed criminals have failed to yield the desired results.
Mr. President, look no further: Overwhelming evidence points to Mr. Ike Ekweremadu, the Deputy President of the Senate, Speaker of the ECOWAS Parliament, and the ‘Ikeoha’ of Mpu.
Background: In a solemn pursuit of our clement campaign for transparency and accountability in governance, I had penned some series of questions to Mr. Ike Ekweremadu, my area senator and the official leader of the South East Political Zone in the National Assembly, on the following string of controversies:
1. Anti-democratic Activities: Ekweremadu’s legislative career is overshadowed by anti-democratic as well as immoral tendencies. Besides being a central figure in the senate for the ignoble Third Term Agenda of President Olusegun Obasanjo, my fellow constituents are embarrassed that Mr. Ekweremadu’s flagship motion in the Legislature has been the failed plot to legalize prostitution in Nigeria. He is also variously linked to cultural cum intellectual fraud, and the wave of kidnapping ravaging Igboland.
a) The motion for prostitution and bourgeois pimping: The following passage from the Daily Trust Newspaper adequately captures the gist of our predicament: “Nigerians are surprised that the unethical proposal, which is not only immoral but also puts the health of those involved at risk, came from the Deputy Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; a highly placed public officer who makes laws for the country. The moral responsibility placed upon Senator Ekweremadu by his respectable office makes him a personality from whom such a position is least expected.” (http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/philosofaith/9162-prostitution-what-ekweremadu-forgot-to-add
Also see: Ekweremadu: The Pimp in the Senate http://naijaalternateviews.wordpress.com/2011/10/19/ekweremadu-the-pimp-in-the-senate/
b) Kidnapping: Read more at: http://saharareporters.com/2010/06/21/dpo-chukwu-kidnap-kingpin-summoned-abuja-looks-senator-ekweremadu’s-protection)
2. Brazen Corruption: The general view is that Ekweremadu’s overflowing wealth is through a pattern of colluding with contractors to loot funds budgeted for federal projects in the South East Zone
(See http://www.publicaccountabilityleague.com/content/group-calls-efcc-probe-senator-ekweremadu); (http://theinfrastructurenewsng.com/?p=4598).
Today, despite billions of dollars allocated yearly to the region, the condition of most federal government projects in Igboland has become more of ‘the more you look, the less you see’. In fact, a recent study has found that a good number of the projects Senator Ike Ekweremadu claimed to have attracted to his constituency are phantom— “do not exist and have never existed” (See: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=144022); http://220.127.116.11/index.php/articles-mainmenu/19678-questions-to-sen-ike-ekweremadu-part-ii-phantom-projects).
The list of phantom projects even contains an MDGS Library said to have been built since 2009 in my own native town of Ugbo in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State—but still no where to be found, and deserving students are still waiting.
3. Sabotage of Igbo Interests: Ekweremadu’s infamous statement that "Nigerians in the Diaspora are inconsequential" is said to be mostly occasioned toward the Igbos, as evidenced by his boycott of Igbo leaders in Houston on Saturday, August 17, 2013. In this case, Senator Ekweremadu stayed back in a hotel room in the same city--only to offer a mundane excuse that the number of leaders in attendance (47 to be exact) was not enough to deserve his presence (See http://www.spyghana.com/senator-ekweremadu-case-answer/).
Even worse, as you know, Mr. President, there is more to the delay in creating an additional state in the Southeast than the widely cited trend of Igbo marginalization and constitutional constraints. Lack of unity of purpose has a role to play. Keenly aware that his short-term ambition of being governor is almost foreclosed in the present Enugu State because of zoning, instead of promoting practical options for the sixth state from the South East, the Deputy President of Senate and the very Chairman of the Constitutional Review Committee exacerbated the problem by focusing only on uprooting his area, Greater Awgu, from their natural place in Enugu State to prosecute a babelian desire in name of Equity State, for the selfish interest of becoming its governor when created. And the economic and political consequences for the failure to create the 6th state continue.
4. Betrayal of Constituency: The masses of Greater Awgu are frustrated that Mr. Ekweremadu’s long stay in the senate has not seen reasonable empowerment of any citizen of the area through either meaningful government appointment or contract to any of the projects he claimed to have attracted to the area, besides himself http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23116:skc-replies-ekweremadu-on-board-appointments&catid=25&Itemid=92
5. False Propaganda in the News Media: It is no longer news that Mr. Ekweremadu brazenly deploys his corrupt proceeds to flood the news media with false propaganda anchored by a cohort of cronies stationed at every corner of the world. A simple scan of the internet better tells this story, but the following is an experience neither friend nor foe would envy. In 2006, in a desperate attempt to cling on to a senate job, Mr. Ike Ekweremadu falsely used my humble name to endorse the then Governor of Enugu State, Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani—for the presidency of Nigeria (See article as published by Emmanuel Aziken of Vanguard Newspapers http://business.highbeam.com/3548/article-1G1-150510116/igbo-leadership-council-woos-nnamani-presidency).
Fast forward to the year 2013, December 28, to be precise: Afraid of potential opposition to his senate seat from my area, Senator Ekweremadu assembled his teeming tugs and paid them to impersonate the royal fathers of Enugu West Senatorial Zone. Thereafter, he falsely invited the men and women of the press—all for an infantile imagination to denounce the same SKC Ogbonnia for posing questions to his representatives in the legislature (See: http://citifmonline.net/news/ekweremadus-projects-community-constituents-denounce-skc-ogbonnia-over-false-claims or ThisDay Newspaper December 28, 2013: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/enugu-battle-i-cant-be-distracted-says-ekweremadu/167440/).
Mr. President, as some of the links reveal, my questions to the senator were genuinely patriotic and simply sought explanations to the above controversies. However, instead of dutifully addressing the questions in line with the FOI act of 2011; reminiscent of the darkest days of military terrorism in Nigeria, Mr. Ekweremadu has continued to abuse the office of the Deputy Senate President to unleash a nonstop campaign of terror and utter blackmail against my person, family, particularly my wife, and innocent children. Further, the records roundly show that this senator openly impersonates to engage in criminal activities, including several threats to human lives. See full newspaper publication: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=144022; http://globalreportersnews.com/2014/01/ekweremadus-projects-skc-ogbonnias-lies-are-the-ranting-of-a-frustrated-never-do-well/
Most odious, instead of endearing legislations for the greater good of the people; apart from celebrating failure, doubling from place to place—to pay and assume bogus titles—this senator spends more time using fake names to concoct lies against any perceived opposition, including dead relatives, to the extent of constantly invoking in vain my hero, my late father, the Ikeoha; and my late beloved brother. To Senator Ike Ekweremadu, these resting souls can no longer defend themselves. Yet, his present condition and a looming waterloo are nothing but a case of a man haunted in requite by the souls of many other Nigerians (including his own blood elder brother, Chukwuemeka Ekweremadu) who had lost their lives at the hands of a deathtrap called Enugu/PH Expressway, interestingly the most vital road in the senator’s constituency (See: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/dep-senate-president-loses-brother/).
One of the many fake names that Mr. Ike Ekweremadu, CFR, the Deputy Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, uses to perpetrate these cyber crimes is "Osita Anih" . See postings, such as http://247ureports.com/?p=45344
To bring the main culprit to justice, we engaged the services of cyber experts both in the United States of America and Nigeria. The experts swiftly tracked all the IP addresses associated with the different bogus mails targeted against my humble self and interests. All the feedbacks together with eyewitnesses directly point to Senator Ike Ekweremadu or his salaried staff at the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
His Excellency, this is not good!
Most recent, in a risky haste to undo the truth, Mr. Ike Ekweremadu has left another open trace. This very September 8; typical of a poltroon, the senator wholly fabricated another arrant smear campaign and broadcast to the world-wide-web with an email address bearing "Osita Anih", his fake name, but naturally signed as no other person than his official spokesperson, Uche Anichukwu—easily a creel for Cyber criminals. See original pos attached:
From: Osita Anih firstname.lastname@example.org [IgboWorldForum] <IgboWorldForum@yahoogroups.com>
To: Waawa <Waawa@yahoogroups.com>; IgboWorldForum
To: Waawa <Waawa@yahoogroups.com>; IgboWorldForum
Sent: Mon, Sep 8, 2014 1:18 pm (cst) Subject: [IgboWorldForum] Re: [Waawa] Re: Nsukka 2014: The game is on/Osita Anih is a fake name
Mr. President, Internet fraud is a serious crime, not only in Nigeria but also in the United States of America, where I currently reside. Many of our ordinary citizens are jailed day-in day-out around the globe, including Nigeria, because of Cyber crimes.
Besides his massive wealth without credible means and lingering linkage to kidnapping and intellectual fraud, this revelation that Mr. Ike Ekweremadu (alias Osita Anih), CFR, the Deputy Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and the Speaker of ECOWAS Parliament, is a Cyber Crime syndicate should not be treated in any way suggestive of an acquiescence to the prevailing view that consequences for bad behavior in Nigeria are only applicable to the ordinary people.
Do not hesitate to contact us for additional information, including specific locations of his other illegal cyber activities, latest phantom projects, and hidden assets.
Dr. SKC Ogbonnia
Patriots United for Transparency and Accountability in Nigeria (PUTAN)
CC: All security agencies in the United States and Nigeria.