|Governor Rochas Okorocha|
The Youths Against Human Rights Violations and Corrupt Practices [YAHVCP] is sad to note that In the midst of abundant human and natural resources, the vast majority of Imo working masses and the youths live in abject poverty. It is no secret to us that the politician responsible for this embarrassing state of absurdity in Imo State is the “profit first” capitalist political vampire and International Thief-Thief Governor of Imo State Chief Rochas Okorocha.
YAHVCP is sad that despite enormous human and material potentials, Imolites's crisis of poverty in the midst of plenty continues apace. Vicious attacks on living conditions, wages and social services have reduced the mass majority to a state of perpetual misery. According to statistics, about 70% of Ndi-Imo exist on less than one dollar per day. The capitalist anti poor, anti peoples Governor of Imo State(Owelle) continues to loot the collective wealth of Imo without remorse.
Apart from the direct pilfering of the public treasury, the flip side of this corruption is that Okorocha sold public corporations and utilities such as ITC, Adapalm, Concord Hotel and Imo Municipal Company to himself in the name of privatization as well as the doling out of public resources to his cronies. But what cannot be disputed is the fact that the high profile corruption of Okorocha has compounded the problems of the working peoples who while earning poverty wages are rendered jobless or under-employed have to contend with ever rising costs of living.
YAHVCP is concerned that if nothing is done and urgently too, Imo state may be heading to total collapse. Governor Rochas Okorocha must be shown the way out in 2015 before he will finally mortgages the future of our unborn children through his abracadabra. Below are 114 reasons way Owelle Rochas Okorocha must go. We must Save Imo Now
Okorocha squandered all the huge funds allocated monthly to the 27 local Government areas in Imo State since May 2011 till date that is well above N132 billion naira. What has been done with these funds?
None of the substandard roads started by Okorocha has been completed . No development in any of the 27 Local Government Areas of Imo State since he came in to power.No Hospitals, Schools, Markets, bore holes for water or any rural electrifications etc in any autonomous community in Imo State in over three years of the life of this administration. The only roads in the rural areas of Imo are those built by unsuspecting contractors/individuals with their hard earned money that is now begging for regularization and payment.
Where is the N26.8 billion handed over to Owelle by Ohakim?
4. What is the stage of work at the Oguta blue lake of treasure as renamed? Now covered by grass.
5. What has happened to the Marine Police approved as a result of the wonder lake?
6. Who bought or leased Adalpam Nigeria Ltd?
7. Where are IROMA trucks and equipment? Valued at N12.5 Billion
8. Where is the supposed 3.5 billion naira proceeds from the sale/lease of Adalpam
9. Who owns ROCHE?
10. Who owns ITC?
11. How much was paid for the lease of ITC?
12. And where is the money for the lease of ITC?
13. Who are the real owners of LAM TECH? The firm that leased our General Hospitals & Health Centres.
14. For how much was our General Hospitals & Health Centres leased and to whom?.
15. What is the rationale behind selling the existing General Hospitals in Imo to start new ones? After the Owelle Government told us that Government has no business running Hospitals
16. Why do Owelle claim that he has built 27 General Hospitals when all the project are below 10% completion.
17. What has happened to over N16 billion 13% (derivation) allocated to Imo State oil producing Areas Dev. Commission (ISOPADEC)since May 2011 to date?
18. What are the jobs awarded or going on in the two oil producing L.G.A’s (Ohaji/Egbema &Oguta)?
19. Who owns ABN Global that leased Concorde Hotel?
20. Why shut down Concorde Hotel? Creating 2000 unemployment
21. What is the fate of Imolites working in Concord Hotel?
22. Where is the $2.5 M dollars paid for the lease of Imo Concorde Hotel?
23. What is the fate of our brothers who paid N500,000.00 to procure Owerri city gates contracts. Nearly three (3) years, why are the gates abandoned?
24. In what positive manner has Governor Owelle Okorocha impacted directly or indirectly on the lives of the people of Imo State? Are we developing or retrogressing? Has life become more unbearable for the average Imo man through his anti people, anti-masses policies and programmes?
25. Okorocha has astronomical increase personal income taxes when there are no jobs and the policies of government are unfriendly to private sector economic activities and hostile to the self-employed
26. He has astronomical increase the fees in the state owned tertiary institution
27. He destroyed peoples Houses and business premises without due compensation
28. He made multiple charges for re-certification of Certificates of Occupancy, and grossly inflated land charges.
29. He made charges on personal bore-holes in Imo State
30. He forcefully acquired Government & individual properties
31. What has become of SUBEB,MDG etc Gone moribund.
32. In Imo today only person fit for sensitive contracts, appointments and Government patronage are the Okorochas, the Nwosus(his inlaws from wife’s side)another Nwosu has joined through the acquisition of Owelle Rochas Okorocha’s daughter.
33. What is the rational in Sacking 10,000 Imo Youth duly employed by Ohakim administration according to their grades into the civil service to now claim to employ 25,000 casual workers and all to receive N20,000 per month?
34. What happened to the N400 million flood money?
35. What happened to the proceeds of the lease of our General Hospital?
36. What happened to N45 billion loan secured from Zenith Bank with the allocation of the 27 local government of Imo as collateral?
37. What of the N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Million) each said to be given to the T.C chairmen from the said N45 Billion loan for the purposes of construction of the hospitals in the 27 L.G.A.’s?
38. Why scrap development centres in Imo State , thereby removing food from the tables of many families?
39. Where is Josph Dino of jpros Limited and Imo tax payers N1.3 billion naira?
40. Where is Joss Marinlopez-pepe and Imo tax payers N3.5 billion?
41. Why is Owerri so dirty?
42. ORO gave a friend job to execute , arranged him to use his beautiful and strategically locate edifice to borrow money from a bank to execute the job. Not only that he did not pay him for the executed contract but he bought his house from the bank when the bank advertised the property for sale on the account of non performance of the loan, for his been unable to pay back the loan.
43. Okorocha also cunningly acquired his friend’s Hotel LAMONDE. Lamonde (Abuja) was originally built and owned by his family friend, Chief L. Lar younger brother to late Chief Solomon Lar?. Okorocha plunged him into financial crises and later bought his Hotel-Lamonde through the bank
44. Governor Okorocha sack the acting V.C. of IMSU, Prof. B.E.B Nwoke because he refused to be part of the sham called free education.
45. Owelle Rochas Okorocha who and who were your course mates? What course did you study? And what year did you graduate? And from which university?
46. Okorocha claimed to be building twenty seven (27) general Hospitals.The cost of the Hospitals put at 20 Billion. He personally nominated all the contractors.
47. Claims to be constructing 15 Kilometres of road in the 27 L.G.A’s, the contract fees paid to contractors without job being done
48. Deceitfully building princess Hotel at Okigwe in which Billions was paid to Spanish company and not much work as been done. Part of the Hotel had collapsed few months ago because of the sub-standard job going on.
49. He sold Government owned companies to himself via his brothers and relatives in the guise of lease e.g., ITC ,Adapalm, Concorde and Imo Municipal transport company. Imo Municipal was setup by Ikedi Ohakim’s administration
50. Conniving with contractors to defraud Imo taxpayers of over 10 billion Naira with his sham rural road projects. When asked, Okorocha will say I don’t know how these criminals came into the system
51. He sacked 10,000 graduates employed by Ohakim
52. He sacked elected LGA Chairmen and Councilors
53. He sacked over 300 Imo workers from ITC
54. He sacked 30,000 non graduate workers
55. He sacked all the Concorde Hotel staff
56. He sacked all the Development centres, staff and scraping them
57. He sacked and scrap Imo Elders Council
58. Sacking and scraping Imo State investment promotion Agency (ISIPA)
59. Sacking of the Chairman of Imo State council of Ndi Eze Dr. C.I. llomuya
60. Sacking all staff and scraping IROMA
61. Sacking all ENTRACO cadates
62. Sacking all city sweepers.
63. Sacking all water maintenance Technicians and the General Manager of Imo Water corporation
64. Sacking all staff of wonderlake Development corporation
65. Leasing of Imo municipal transport to his brother who happens to be one of in aides, without paying a kobo
66. Using his son in-law Uche Nwaosu, the commissioner for Lands to acquire peoples land in the guise of development. Converting of open spaces to family properties
67. Selling of 90% of Government vehicles to his business partners in the North there by making Government appointees to use their private cars to do Government job.
68. Award of all the jobs in SUBEB to only family members.
69. Award of all the jobs in MDG and FADAMA to only family members and friends
70. Using the construction of international shopping complex at Ama jk to siphon and defraud Imolites N3.5 billion through Mr. jos Marin Lopez-Pepe and his company Hommipreses a poor artisan company based in Spain.
71. He destroyed Ama JK Park
72. Deceiving Imolites over FREE EDUCATION of which 80% is given to non-indigenes while 20% to Imo students. Primary 1 to Jss 3 is funded by the Federal Government while the billion claimed to be spent on free education is a scam
73. Claims of spending N4b on school Uniforms, Sandals and Canvas to students, whereas only few schools and students in urban area benefited from it.
74. Monies realized from the lease of ITC, Concorde Hotel, Adaplam are in Okorocha’s personal account while no money was paid for the lease of Imo Municipal Transport Company. We are demanding to see the payment slip or better still prove of payment made into Imo State Government
75. Putting Imolites into bondage by secretly borrowing money from banks in Nigeria and abroad
76. Refusing to abide to the rules and law by sacking and not reinstating elected local Government chairman with their councilors.
77. Siphoning the Local Government account through his self oriented project
78. Creating an illegal 4th tier government
79. Impoverishing Imolites by doing all the contracts alone through his surrogates
80. Using tax payers money to procure over 200 vehicles for the party-APC Imo State chapter
81. Owelle have repeatedly told Imolites that part of his achievement is construction of 305 modern school buildings in the 305 INEC wards in Imo State, but investigation has shown that not up to 10% of the project have been completed
82. Imo State General Hospital (Specialist Hospital) Umuguma has gone morinund. The only living things within and around it are bushes, snakes and rats etc
83. Okorocha awarded Juicy contracts to his family members
84. He awarded warehouse to Aba road to jpros through Chief Okey Nwosu (101) his brother in-law, at whopping sum of N1.3 billion for a road that is less than 3km and the N1.3 paid full in advance, which led to the blackmail and subsequent impeachment of Jude Agbaso.
85. Awarded Installation of solar energy street lights from control post roundabout, through Bank Road Wetheral to Aba road to His Elder Sister Geradine at a Unit cost of N1,000,000.00 (one million naira)
86. Award of contract for the construction of roundabout to his surrogates at a staggering sum o f N40,000.000 (forty Million) each for a mere roundabout
87. Attempted to legalize abortion in Imo State.
88. Aboh Mbaise LGA 5,592,914,085.45 billion naira funds looted
89. Ahiazu Mbaise LGA 4,893,694,597.34 billion naira funds looted
90. Ehime Mbano LGA 4,725,559,182.63 billion naira funds looted
91. Ezinihitte LGA 4,997,483,173.94 billion naira funds looted
92. Ideato North LGA 5,093,265,185.62 billion naira funds looted
93. Ideato South LGA 5,012,503,586.88 billion naira funds looted
94. Ihitte Uboma LGA 4,626,105,741.15 billion naira funds looted
95. Ikeduru LGA 4,995,560,424.90 billion naira funds looted
96. Isiala Mbano LGA 5,577,420,777.89 billion naira funds looted
97. Isu LGA 5,011,558,318.56 billion naira funds looted
98. Mbaitoli LGA 5,900,278,353.78 billion naira funds looted
99. Ngor /Okpala LGA 5,182,836,304.63 billion naira funds looted
Njaba LGA 4,819,954,493.86 billion naira funds looted
100.Nwangele LGA 4,659,850,212.82 billion naira funds looted
101.Nkwerre LGA 4,085,707,232.35 billion naira funds looted
102. Obowo LGA 4,462,812,258.27 billion naira funds looted
103. Oguta LGA 5,014,875,269.83 billion naira funds looted
104. Ohaji/Egbema LGA 5,373,005,346.51 billion naira funds looted
105. Okigwe LGA 4,804,445,947.19 billion naira funds looted
106. Onuimo LGA 4,371,098,781.40 billion naira funds looted
107. Orlu LGA 4,759,790,822.05 billion naira funds looted
108. Orsu LGA 4,547,088,244.85 billion naira funds looted
109. Oru East LGA 4,706,100,105.04 billion naira funds looted
110. Oru West LGA 4,646,145,112.23 billion naira funds looted
111. Owerri Municipal LGA 4,622,099,470.68 billion naira funds looted
112. Owerri North LGA 5,103,710,965.71 billion naira funds looted
113. Owerri West LGA 4,782,559,065.16 billion naira funds looted
YAHVCP National Coordinator
YAHVCP Media Affairs Director
Comrade Weli Chinda
YAHVCP South South Coordinator